Monday, November 26, 2012

Re: set runtimepath

On 2012-11-26, Marc Weber wrote:
> Excerpts from Christian Brabandt's message of Mon Nov 26 10:14:00 +0100 2012:
> > Can you be more specific? What is the bug?
>
> I've documented it now: (874e52), text:
>
> 50. VAM works around deficiencies in runtimepath *VAM-fixes-rtp*
>
> create these directories:
>
> ~/.vim/after/plugin/1.vim
> ~/.vim/ftdetect/2.vim
>
> ~/my/after/plugin/3.vim
> ~/my/ftdetect/4.vim
>
> and add a line like this:
> echoe 'N.vim'
>
> ~/.vimrc contents:
> filetype on
> set rtp+=~/my
>
> Then you'll notice that you'll get two echoe lines only: 1.vim and 2.vim
> However some plugins use the 3.vim and 4.vim scheme, too
>
> VAM will source 3.vim and 4.vim for you, see vam#GlobThenSource usage

The current behavior is what I would expect. You've turned filetype
detection on, which uses the value of 'rtp' at the time, then you
changed the value of 'rtp'. I would not expect filetype detection
to be using the new value of 'rtp'. The correct way to do that is

set rtp+=~/my
filetype on

If if hurts when you do that, ....

Regards,
Gary

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: