Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Re: special keymap depending on language

On 27/11/12 13:53, Steve wrote:
> Dear Tony and linth,
>
> Thank you for your answers.
>
>>> This works great when writing in French, I don't have to manually put a nb
>>> space. But when writing in English, the same happens which I obviously don't
>>> want. So my question is rather simple: can I load this file only when editing
>>> in French?
>>>
>>> Thank you,
>>> best regards,
>>> steve
>>>
>>
>> Well, it would be possible if there is some computer-readable
>> criterion to tell French-language and English-language email apart
>> from each other.
>>
>> One possibility would be to set different keymaps and load them
>> manually when opening the message for editing.
>
> I think that this is the easier solution for me. I'll try that and see
> if it fits my needs. The hardest part will be to not forget to load the
> keymap :)
>
> Thank you,
> steve
>

In order not to forget that a keymap (and which one) is loaded and
active, I display it on my 'statusline', it's the %k field after the %=
(%= means "flexible space"):

" custom status line, see :help 'statusline' for details
if has("statusline")
set statusline=%<%f\ %h%m%r%=%k[%{(&fenc\ ==\
\"\"?&enc:&fenc).(&bomb?\",BOM\":\"\")}][U+%04B]\ %-12.(%l,%c%V%)\ %P
endif


Best regards,
Tony.
--
As the trials of life continue to take their toll, remember that there
is always a future in Computer Maintenance.
-- National Lampoon, "Deteriorata"



--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: