Friday, November 30, 2012

Re: email plugin

I'd sum up this thread:

1. Vmail:

This seems to be the kind of thing I look for. But it depends on
sqlite3, ruby, lynx and maybe some other packages so get:

ERROR: Error installing vmail:
ERROR: Failed to build gem native extension.

2. Vim as an external editor for email client X (including mutt and
"Text Editor Anywhere"):

This is exactly the opposite of what I'd like to achieve. I'd like to
have _real_ vim plugin for emailing so I can take advantage of some
other plugins, omni completion, scripting, folding... all that stuff
where vim excels.

You may oppose: "So you want vim to be like that Operating System
lacking a decent editor?". Yes, sort of. I think there's a point
having everything under one roof: The synergy effect.

Thanks for your replies

Bost

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: