Friday, November 30, 2012

Re: email plugin

On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 4:34 PM, Rostislav Svoboda
<rostislav.svoboda@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> 2. Vim as an external editor for email client X (including mutt and
> "Text Editor Anywhere"):
>
> This is exactly the opposite of what I'd like to achieve. I'd like to
> have _real_ vim plugin for emailing so I can take advantage of some
> other plugins, omni completion, scripting, folding... all that stuff
> where vim excels.

This doesn't make sense to me...when you launch vim to edit a piece of
mail (or any other text), it *is* "real" Vim. I use Pentadactly and
gmail...when I am composing email I am in Vim with all the plugins,
completion, etc (I tend to compose plain text emails in Markdown, so I
use the appropriate filetypes and syntax files, etc.

I don't understand what you want that these solutions don't give you.

c
--
Chris Lott <chris@chrislott.org>

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: