Sunday, November 3, 2013

Re: 't_Co' is always set to 256 if 'nocompatible' is set

> When you set Vim to be not-compatible, it checks the returned info from
> xterm to figure out the number of supported colors. So your xterm
> probably actually supports 256 colors, right?

Yes, the xterm I'm using supports 256 colors. I actually switched my
operating system recently, so thats probably the reason I didn't experienced
this before (can't remember how many colors xterm supported there).

I set TERM to 'xterm-16color' because I want all programs (and especially Vim)
to use only 16 colors.

Anyway, it seems like I have to hardcode 't_Co' in my vimrc which is quite ugly.
Or can I somehow force Vim to use the appropriate terminfo entry instead?

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments: