Sunday, December 29, 2013

has 7.4 changed behaviour chdir-ing to current file's dir by default?

Hi,

I was using vim-project, to set current dir to the root of my projects. I noticed lately that is not working anymore, I tried configuring it to no avail. So I thought the plugin was maybe buggy. 
I installed vim-root, that does the same, and also does not work...at this point I started looking into it and show that both plugins are apparently working, but after they run their chdir, something runs
another chdir later, to the same dir the current file is, and this overwrites the plugin's work.

Thinking it might be another plugin or my settings, I run this
gvim.exe -u NONE -U NONE -V9vimlog.txt 

and when I open a file I can see this:

autocommand au! LoadBufferMenu
chdir(C:\Users\jm\conf\home\jm\vimfiles)
                                                C:\Users\jm\conf\home\jm\vimfiles

:set autochdir?
gives
noautochdir

so I am missing something? How come current dir is being set all the time? I am running vim7.4 32b on win7

thanks

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
 
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments: