Saturday, December 28, 2013

Re: Vim redraw issue in Xubuntu 13.10 (running inside VMWare Workstation 10)

On 29/12/2013 03:21, Some Developer wrote:
> I've tried gVim 7.4.131 and gVim 7.3.1314 (both compiled from source by
> myself) using the following compilation options:
>
> ./configure --with-python-config-dir=/usr/bin/python-config --with-x
> --enable-gui=gtk2 --enable-gtk2-check --enable-cscope --disable-netbeans
> --enable-multibyte --enable-pythoninterp=yes --disable-darwin
> --with-features=huge
>
> and in both versions the screen fails to redraw correctly when entering
> text. The main issue seems to be that if a menu is displayed with
> autocorrect the screen does not seem to redraw itself. If I press
> Control-r then the issue is temporarily fixed. I'm not entirely sure on
> the best way to troubleshoot this particular issue. I've had gVim
> working correctly on the same operating system, the same version and the
> same plugins / configuration with no problem at all.
>
> The only thing I can think of that has changed is that I have recently
> switched from using Virtualbox 4.3.6 to using VMWare Workstation 10.
>
> Has anyone got any suggestions for things to try to get some useful
> debugging information to try and solve this issue at all? Unfortunately
> there doesn't seem to be any error messages in the console if gVim is
> started from the command line so I'm somewhat stumped. Especially as I
> have had this working just fine in the past.

OK. After spending some time testing various things out I've managed to
narrow the problem down a little bit.

The problem only seems to manifest itself when editing HTML files with
gVim. When editing the same HTML file with the command line version of
Vim the problem does not occur (even though exactly the same
configuration / plugins are in use when using both).

I've looked through my configuration for any HTML specific options and
tried to disable them all but to no avail.

I've also tried the version of gVim in the Ubuntu repositories with the
same problem. I'm completely stumped.

I currently have the following plugins installed:

YouCompleteMe
ack
ctrlp
gundo
minibufexpl
nerdtree
powerline
pydoc
pytest
syntastic
tagbar
ultisnips
fugitive
vim-pony
vim-virtualenv
Pathogen
dbext
autocomplpop
l9
python_editing.vim

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments: