Sunday, December 29, 2013

Re: has 7.4 changed behaviour chdir-ing to current file's dir by default?

hey Tony

with :verbose I still get the same:
noautochdir

About autocmd: I just pasted what I got from the log file, I dont know if the autocmd (and there is a autocommand before the au, not sure why you didnt see it) is linked with the chdir, let me copy exactly what I get:
-----------------
autocommand au! LoadBufferMenu


chdir(C:\Users\jm\Dropbox\conf\home\jm\vimfiles)
                                                C:\Users\jm\Dropbox\conf\home\jm\vimfiles
------------------

this is with gvim.exe -u NONE -U NONE -V9vimlog.txt 

Regarding the version, lol, I meant 7.4 32bit on win7 64bit. Exact version is 7.4 patch 131

thanks



On Sun, Dec 29, 2013 at 4:29 PM, Tony Mechelynck <antoine.mechelynck@gmail.com> wrote:
On 29/12/13 16:00, jmlucjav wrote:
Hi,

I was using vim-project, to set current dir to the root of my projects.
I noticed lately that is not working anymore, I tried configuring it to
no avail. So I thought the plugin was maybe buggy.
I installed vim-root, that does the same, and also does not work...at
this point I started looking into it and show that both plugins are
apparently working, but after they run their chdir, something runs
another chdir later, to the same dir the current file is, and this
overwrites the plugin's work.

Thinking it might be another plugin or my settings, I run this
gvim.exe -u NONE -U NONE -V9vimlog.txt

and when I open a file I can see this:

autocommand au! LoadBufferMenu
chdir(C:\Users\jm\conf\home\jm\vimfiles)

C:\Users\jm\conf\home\jm\vimfiles

:set autochdir?
gives
noautochdir

so I am missing something? How come current dir is being set all the
time? I am running vim7.4 32b on win7

thanks

What is the answer to

        :verbose set acd?

(the :verbose prefix will make it tell you where it was last set). Maybe it is set back and forth.


OTOH the autocommand you listed above is not in the proper format. Check where it is being defined. You should see something like

        au! BufRead,BufNewFile * chdir C:\Users\jm\conf\home\jm\vimfiles

with no "autocommand" before au! and no parentheses; though even that seems to me to be a little overdoing it. You ought to be able to set that current directory once in the vimrc and never change it.

Another thing: Vim 7.4.32b i.e. 7.4.beta32 is very old, even older than Vim 7.4.000, and now we're at 7.4.131 and counting. Please retry with the latest Vim found at http://sourceforge.net/projects/cream/files/Vim/


Best regards,
Tony.
--
hundred-and-one symptoms of being an internet addict:
59. Your wife says communication is important in a marriage...so you buy
    another computer and install a second phone line so the two of you can
    chat.

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

--- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
 
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments: