Monday, December 30, 2013

Re: has 7.4 changed behaviour chdir-ing to current file's dir by default?

ok, I finally found out the issue. Apparently renaming the top directory that contains all stuff (vim74) to vim/, causes my issue. Leaving it as vim74/ works fine, vim-rooter now does the only chdir, no additional chdir.

This works with vim without cream and also the vim I was using from tux. I will keep that as I need lua.

I saw another thread or issue asking for the installation dir not to contain the version name, this makes sense to me too.

thanks


On Mon, Dec 30, 2013 at 12:27 PM, jmlucjav <jmlucjav@gmail.com> wrote:
ok, I installed vim without cream, and starting:
"c:\Program Files (x86)\vim\vim74\gvim.exe" -u NONE -U NONE -V9vimlog.txt 

I run :scriptnames and also get only 
 1: c:\Program Files (x86)\vim\vim74\menu.vim
  2: c:\Program Files (x86)\vim\vim74\autoload\paste.vim

so I guess this was not a problem to begin with, and I should focus again on the chdir being done...?
With this versiosn of vim, I dont see the chdir in the logs...I am going to investigate more


On Sun, Dec 29, 2013 at 8:35 PM, Tony Mechelynck <antoine.mechelynck@gmail.com> wrote:
On 29/12/13 19:39, jmlucjav wrote:
I am calling 'gvim.exe -u NONE -U NONE -V9 vimlog.txt' not vim.exe...I
always use gvim, not vim.exe. Tried to run vim.exe in a cmd but
somethings does not work, I get no output to :scriptnames.

Could that be the issue? calling gvim?

It shouldn't.



I tried another gvim.exe, the one I used to use before, from,
http://wyw.dcweb.cn/#download, but this is just the exe put in my
current vim dir, overriting the original gvim.exe. Same behaviour.

I was going to test with vim without cream, but it's an installer, I am
afraid it will polute my HOME etc, is there somewhere an oficial vim zip
distrib for win I could try?

Not that I know of. Yes it's an installer, for ease of use, but AFAIK it's rather clean as installers go. If Steve Hall, who makes it, is reading this, he could give you more explanations than I can; but maybe he's on holiday until after New Year's Day. If you want, you might take a backup of what you care about, then cross your fingers (or touch wood) while it installs.

Or you could compile your own, but why reinvent the wheel when Steve Hall's "Vim without Cream" is such a nice product? Any Vim old-timer here that still is on Windows (or, like me, has been for a long time) will tell you the same. Well, once upon a time when I was still on Windows (I think it was between Vim 6.4 and 7.0) Steve had gone AWOL and I did some compiling. Vim wasn't yet on Mercurial by then, the part about getting the sources in my HowTo pages linked below is more recent.

Getting the sources:
        http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Getting_the_Vim_source_with_Mercurial
Compiling on Windows (may be out-of-date):
        http://users.skynet.be/antoine.mechelynck/vim/compile.htm


Best regards,
Tony.
--
While away at a convention, an executive happened to meet a young woman who
was pretty, chic, and intelligent.  When he persuaded her to disrobe in his
hotel room, he found out she had a superb body as well.  Unfortunately, as
will happen, the executive sadly found himself unable to perform.
        On his first night home, the executive padded naked from the shower
into the bedroom to find his wife swathed in a rumpled bathrobe, her hair
curled, her face creamed, munching candy loudly as she pored through a movie
magazine.  And then, without warning, he felt the onset of a magnificent
erection.
        Looking down at his throbbing member, he snarled, "Why you ungrateful,
mixed-up, son-of-a-bitch!  Now I know why they call you a prick!"


--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

--- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.


--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
 
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments: