Saturday, March 15, 2014

Re: How can I restore the current session in VIM

On 16:46 Fri 14 Mar , Arup Rakshit wrote:
> I am reading vim manual *usr_04.txt* from my vim terminal. I daily read tutorial in a small chunk. But I want to book mark to the page, currently I am reading, but still not finished. Next day, I want to resume from the line/page where I stopped today. How to save/bookmark this. I am in Gvim.

You have a few choices:

1. use sessions: with :mks (see :help :mks). You can add a file name
where to save the session. Then you can open the session when starting
vim with "vim -S" or "vim -S mysession.vim" (if you don't specify name
the default will be used which is Session.vim).

2. you can check :oldfiles, and then use ":e #<10" to open 10th file in
the oldfile list.

Cheers,
Marcin

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: