Sunday, March 23, 2014

Re: Reactive programming

On 2014-03-23 11:46, Gautier DI FOLCO wrote:
> > The data I tried bringing is "there is nothing about reactive
> > programming I know about which comes close to what I know which
> > gets called reactive".
>
> Was it so hard to say?

Marc has been nothing but civil and doing his best to help here, and
each of your responses has been brusque if not abrasive and combative.
Please keep your tone civil on the mailing list. Accept that not
every piece of software will meet every user's every need.
Apparently, none of the Vim developers have felt a need for reactive
programming, and as such, haven't implemented it. If you feel it's
that important, submit the patches along with an argument for their
inclusion.

> I want to be able, for example:
> - be able to update ViM help automatically to print the correct
> bindings if I do a map

Not likely possible

> - update the ui when I work on .vim files

You'd have to clarify this. A number of plugins update the UI in
various ways in response to the file currently being edited.

> - print function documentation or usages of it or tests during
> cursor moves into my code

Likewise, certain plugins allow for functionality akin to this, but I
don't generally use plugins (I switch between machines enough that I
just like to keep a fairly stock vimrc, the core of which fit in a
tweet recently).

-tim



--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: