Tuesday, March 10, 2015

definition of a word (for e.g. dw) in Perl syntax

Hi folks

Recently, the Perl syntax definition in vim (version 7.4) has considered a word to be much bigger than it used to. For example, I would expect

abc::def::ghi

to be considered 5 words, so that when I press dw while sitting on a, it should only remove abc. However vim now deletes the entire string when the syntax is Perl, and it's driving my nuts!

I have no idea what is causing this. I've tried setting a few random :set options but no luck, and nothing obvious showed up in the perl syntax file. I can't even think what part of :help to start reading.

HELP!

Thanks in advance,
aclarke

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: