Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Re: definition of a word (for e.g. dw) in Perl syntax

On Wednesday, March 11, 2015 at 2:16:48 AM UTC+11, Christian Brabandt wrote:
>
> [SNIP]
>
> So create a new file ~/.vim/after/ftplugin/perl.vim (create non-existing
> directories) and insert
>
> :set iskeyword-=:
>
> That should make it work for you again.
>
> Best,
> Christian

Thanks very much for this timely response. I've gone for a simple

au BufReadPost * set iskeyword-=:

in my vimrc so that I can keep my installation pristine (and it will also share around my machines given that I distribute this sort of thing with git). Also if C++ or other languages make the same mistake, I'll be protected.

To ZyX: Thanks for the tips on the syntax files; I'll keep that in mind for if I experience any colorising sillyness. At this point I haven't noticed anything that gives trouble; it's mostly the muscle memory in the fingers that was getting messed up...

Peace has descended on the keyboard again. It's one of my great shames that, after <mumble> years using vi and vim, I still don't know how to script it ;-/

Cheers

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: