Friday, March 20, 2015

Re: MacVim launching Skim



On Thu, Mar 19, 2015 at 7:59 PM, hcai <hcai.pku@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Ethan,

       I tried several methods found on Google. I added something to the folder ~/.vim/plugins as some blog suggests. I hope there is a plugin that will enable me to launch Skim from Vim with a short command.

Haitao

I would use a plugin manager if I were you; there are many: Vundle, Pathogen, etc.

There are also many latex plugins for vim; if you really want to use a plugin with vim to compose latex documents I would familiarize myself with them and determine which best fits your needs.


I'd say that none of these are for the weak of heart. You'll have to spend some time to figure out how to used them; I suspect that most decent latex plugins support launching a viewer to examine the pdf. But, as I said before, you'll have to do some reading and setup to get it working how you like it.

Ethan Alan


On Wednesday, March 18, 2015 at 9:45:53 PM UTC-4, Ethan Hereth wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 18, 2015 at 9:36 PM, toothpik <toot...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 18, 2015 at 12:00:57PM -0700, hcai wrote:
>
> > Hi all, I am setting up MacVim for Latex editing and compiling. I
>
> > tried a lot of methods for launching Skim to view the compiled pdf,
>
> > but it hasn't been able to work. Does anyone know how to figure it
>
> > out?
>
>
>
> and you posted this to the vim_use mailing list because...
>
>
>
> skim rhymes with vim?
>
>
>
> I think it's a fair question! I've done this before, but it was via a Latex plugin. Are you using a Latex plugin hcai?
>
>
> It's been quite a while but I think that vim-latex supports using different pdf viewers. My .vimrc contains the following, although I haven't used the plugin in ages.
>
>
> let g:Tex_ViewRule_pdf='acroread'
>
>
> If you happen to use this plugin, or begin to use it, try :help Tex_ViewRule_format
>
>
> There are a number of other good latex plugins as well. But, again, it's been awhile since I've used latex. I have, however, in the past used Skim with Vim and Latex...
>
>
> Ethan Alan
>  
>
>
>
>
> --
>
> --
>
> You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
>
> Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
>
> For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
>
>
>
> ---
>
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
>
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+u...@googlegroups.com.
>
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: