Friday, March 6, 2015

Re: Unable to get omnicomplete to work for Python 3.4.3.

On Fri, Mar 6, 2015 at 1:05 AM, Christian Brabandt <cblists@256bit.org> wrote:
> Hi boB!
>
> On Fr, 06 Mär 2015, boB Stepp wrote:
>
>> I am very new to Vim and am in the process of setting up Vim for use
>> as my Python 3 editing environment as I continue to work on learning
>> Python. I thought it would be nice to use omnicompletion and have been
>> struggling to get it to work. A portion of my Vim version
>> information::
>>
>> VIM - Vi IMproved 7.4 (2013 Aug 10, compiled Mar 2 2015 21:15:22)
>> MS-Windows 64-bit GUI version with OLE support
>> Included patches: 1-648
>> Compiled by hp@HP-PC
>> Huge version with GUI. Features included (+) or not (-):
>> +acl +digraphs +libcall +profile
>> +textobjects
>> +arabic +directx +linebreak
>> +python/dyn +title
>> +autocmd -dnd +lispindent +python3/dyn
>>
>> I am using 64-bit Vim 7.4, 64-bit Win7, and 64-bit Python 3.4.3. If I type:
>>
>> :python3 import sys; print(sys.version)
>>
>> I get
>>
>> 3.4.3 (v3.4.3:9b73f1c3e601, Feb 24 2015, 22:44:40) [MSC v.1600 64 bit (AMD64)]
>>
>> python3complete.vim is in the location $HOME\Vim\vimfiles\autoload. I deleted
>>
>> source $VIMRUNTIME/mswin.vim
>>
>> from my _vimrc file so that I would have *nix-style keybindings in
>> Vim. When I type <C-x><C-o> in insertion mode in a Python 3 file, I
>> get:
>>
>> Error: Required vim compiled with +python
>> E117: Unknown function: pythoncomplete#Complete
>
> Your vim version needs to be compiled with python interpreter. That is
> visible in the output of the :version command. Look for the +python3 or
> +python3/dyn line

I understand your point. That is why I am stumped. If you look at the
version information above that I printed out before the error message,
it clearly shows the pre-compiled version I used (Found at
https://tuxproject.de/projects/vim/) was done including the Python 3
interpreter. Also given above is that I can print Python commands at
the Vim command line and get a returned valid Python result. Maybe I
did not make my original post as clear as I thought I did!

I also spent a lot of time last night searching the 'Net for others
having this problem. I did not find many instances of this. The ones
that did were running slightly earlier versions of Vim. Either none of
the posts that seemed relevant ever solved their issue (Without going
to a plugin solution), or the solutions that worked for them
(involving lines in their _vimrc file) did NOT work for me.

Thanks!
boB

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: