Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Re: Remember last command?

On 18/07/2018 21:23, Bill Tugger wrote:
> I often have to make small edits in several files. I need to display each file as I make the changes so automated tools don't work.
>
> What I do is edit a file, save it, open the next file, edit, save, etc.
>
> Search string I last used is remembered. EG if I search for DEBUG_IT_NOW in the first file the next file I can hit "n" and I'm taken to the first instance in that file. This works great.
>
> I'd like to also have the repeat command (.) behave the same way. Is there a way to do this?

I have tried and . repeats the last change even across buffers, as
expected. Have you tried with vim --clean to rule plugin conflicts?

Life.

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: