Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Remember last command?

I often have to make small edits in several files. I need to display each file as I make the changes so automated tools don't work.

What I do is edit a file, save it, open the next file, edit, save, etc.

Search string I last used is remembered. EG if I search for DEBUG_IT_NOW in the first file the next file I can hit "n" and I'm taken to the first instance in that file. This works great.

I'd like to also have the repeat command (.) behave the same way. Is there a way to do this?

TIA

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: