Friday, July 30, 2010

Re: Questions on c.vim plugin

On 30/07/10 19:58, Jeri Raye wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to use the c.vim plugin
> And I see some errors when I use it (on gVim, Vista)
>
> When I have line like this:
> This is a comment line
>
> And then I press trough the cut-off menu the button: code -> comment /* */ \c*
> Then I get this
>
> /* This is a comment line
> :nohlsearch
> j*/
>
> Why is that?
>
> I would expect this:
>
> /*
> * This is a comment line
> */
>
>
> And another question:
> How should I use the suggested shorcut keys?
> Like \c*
> In normal mode says the document, but how do I see when I'm in normal mode?
>
> Sorry for being such a newbie on this.
>
> Rgds,
> Jeri
>

If 'showmode' is on (the 'nocompatible' default) when you're NOT in
Normal mode the mode is displayed at bottom left of the Vim screen:

-- INSERT --
-- REPLACE --
etc.

When nothing is displayed there, then you're either in Normal mode (and
the cursor is in some edit file, h j k l etc. move it) or in
Command-line mode (and the cursor is at the very bottom, typing letters
adds them to some search, ex, debug etc. command which will be executed
if you hit Enter.

-- (insert) --

or similar means you've just hit Ctrl-O in Insert mode, you're executing
just ONE normal mode command, but as soon as that one command will have
run you'll be back again in Insert mode.

See
:help vim-modes
:help wrap-off
then scroll down:
/Command-line
:help 02.2
then scroll down
/WHAT IS THE MODE

Best regards,
Tony.
--
Q: How many IBM cpu's does it take to do a logical right shift?
A: 33. 1 to hold the bits and 32 to push the register.

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: