Sunday, December 26, 2010

How to recall what bookmarks I defined?

Hi,

I quite depend on bookmarks feature when I brows source code. But I
always got following problems:

1. It's hard to recall what marks I defined -- local marks and global
marks. The typical scenario is that: I want to jump back to a
function definition that I just marked, I know what this function is,
but don't remember its name and location, neither the mark name. What
I can do is just try: 'A, 'B, 'C ... one by one. I can use ':marks'
command to open the marks list, however it only show names of files in
which marks were defined. Unless a mark is defined in my current
buffer, no context text will be displayed in the marks list.

2. Quite often I just created a mark with a name, say 'a', but 'a' is
already a important mark I defined before. Vim just silently
overwrite the old mark with prompting. This alway create headache to
me.

Thanks in advance.


--
Life is the only flaw in an otherwise perfect nonexistence
    -- Schopenhauer

narke
public key at http://subkeys.pgp.net:11371 (narkewoody@gmail.com)

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: