Sunday, December 26, 2010

How to get a nice vertical list of open buffers (ordered by mru) that I can easily navigate to by typing drill down?

I'm having trouble finding what I use in my Java IDEs all the time:

- A quick popup of my open buffers listed by most recently used and can be cut back by me just starting to type the name of the file, or I can navigate by arrows to the file I want

How do I get this behavior in vim? The closest I've come is wildMenu but that's really lame when you have a ton of buffers open - since it lists them horizontally and most will just say "unamed" until you tab to them.

I use Command-T all the time which I love but that's for all files in my project whether the file is an open buffer or not. Sometimes I like to view and switch easily between only my current buffers.

The regular most recently used plugin "mru" is nice but that ends up including global files used from any vim session (which isn't what I want in this case when working on a project.)

Do I need to try the bufmru or lustyExplorer plugins?


--
Rick R

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: