Monday, December 27, 2010

Re: How to recall what bookmarks I defined?

> 1. It's hard to recall what marks I defined -- local marks and global
> marks.

Are you looking for the :marks command?

There are a few plugins that display marks as signs on the left-hand
side. One of them is (my own) quickfixsigns. But there are others on
vim.org that may better fit your needs. It seems that over on vim.org
there are at least two plugins called showmarks that achieve something
similar. I personally also find that plugins like wokmarks and (my
own :-) tmarks make it easier to deal with marks. YMMV and, again,
maybe other plugins suit your editing habits better.

HTH
Tom

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: