Saturday, December 25, 2010

Re: AX: change letters on the fly

Zyx, Dominique,

I know the ctrl-k feature.

I also use "Texter" on my pc to send advanced keystrokes to a program
p.e. \\e" --> transforms in "ë" on my pc

I also have a number of blind keys on my keyboard to create foreign
letters p.e. AltGR"e creates an "ë"

However AX is much quicker.
I created this key sequence in AX:
aâäæa AÀÂÄÆA bßb BßB CÇC eêëe EÉÊÈËE iîïi IÎÏI oôöœo OÔÖŒO uûüu UÛÙÜU

when I write the letter "a" and push F8, the "a" becomes an "â" when i
push F8 again the "â" becomes an "ä", so on.
It cut out the character to the left of the cursor, it look it up in a
string of characters and paste the next one.
Unfortunately, it doesn't work in gvim.
It works writing this text, it works in other editors but not in my
default editor gvim. :)

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: