Friday, December 31, 2010

Re: How to get a nice vertical list of open buffers (ordered by mru) that I can easily navigate to by typing drill down?

On Sun, Dec 26, 2010 at 7:34 PM, Rick R <rickcr@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm having trouble finding what I use in my Java IDEs all the time:
>
> - A quick popup of my open buffers listed by most recently used and can be
> cut back by me just starting to type the name of the file, or I can navigate
> by arrows to the file I want
>
> How do I get this behavior in vim? The closest I've come is wildMenu but
> that's really lame when you have a ton of buffers open - since it lists them
> horizontally and most will just say "unamed" until you tab to them.
>
> I use Command-T all the time which I love but that's for all files in my
> project whether the file is an open buffer or not. Sometimes I like to view
> and switch easily between only my current buffers.
>
> The regular most recently used plugin "mru" is nice but that ends up
> including global files used from any vim session (which isn't what I want in
> this case when working on a project.)
>
> Do I need to try the bufmru or lustyExplorer plugins?

I like FuzzyFinder (FufBuffer of FufMruFile is about what you want).
Has a nice fuzzy interface (auto-regex or not to user taste), can find
lots of things besides buffers (files, tags, etc.) with
uniform-as-possible interface and you can easily write callbacks to
find whatever you want. Super nice.

Britton

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: