Saturday, December 25, 2010

Re: How Could I modify the Vim Script Type

Excerpts from H Xu's message of Sat Dec 25 02:16:11 +0100 2010:
> I don't think this is a good idea, since vim online doesn't has the
> ability to solve the conflicts. What if two guys upload at the same
> time?

Let me explain you how this works on github:
usually only you have comit access. If you trust someone else you can
make him be a collaborator. Then he can commit and push and change the
wiki.

Users who collaborate usually trust and notify each other.

Eg as example: c9s gave me commit access to the vim-dev plugin on
github.

Several people have commit access to vim-addon-manager (for several
reasons) If I died I want somebody else to upload a message like "continued
here" or "discontinued" or something like that.

Can you explain whether you still fear issues using such kind of
collaborator system?

I don't see them. Se help me understand them please.

Marc Weber

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: