Monday, May 30, 2011

Problems with multi-line echo on autocommand

Hello,

Normally, when I ask vim to echo multiple lines of text (as in echo
"Test 1"|echo "Test 2"|echo "Test 3"|echo "Test 4"), it shows all of
them, and asks me to press enter to continue. I've been working on a
plugin in which I want vim to echo multiple lines of text in this
fashion under certain circumstances when an autocommand event is
triggered. However, when I do this, I find that vim only shows the
last line of text.

For instance, if I enter:
autocmd  CursorMoved * echo "Test 1"|echo "Test 2"|echo "Test 3"|echo "Test 4"

And then move my cursor, vim displays "Test 4". Is there any way
around this? (I am using vim 7.3).

Many thanks,
Daniel

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: