Sunday, May 29, 2011

Re: delete inside parentheses VIM?

On 05/28/2011 11:01 PM, Tony Mechelynck wrote:
> On 29/05/11 05:11, Antonio Recio wrote:
>> "dab" it is useful to remove parentheses and content when
>> cursor is over, I think. But I want to delete all the
>> parentheses and the inside the parentheses with an unique
>> commmand.
>
> IIUC, when used with a count (i.e., d2ab d3ab etc.) it will
> delete that many nested blocks containing the cursor.

In addition, there are other variants which I prefer to use to
explicitly tell vim that I want parens, instead of some generic
block, so I tend to almost exclusively use

i( or a(
i{ or a{
i[ or a[

instead of the "ib"/"ab" text objects. The combination of which
I use almost as much as just the

i" or a"
i' or a'

quotation text objects :)

-tim

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: