Monday, May 30, 2011

Re: Rails plugin menu

On Fri, 2011-05-27 at 17:38 -0700, LuisC wrote:
>
> I'am new to VIM. I would like to try VIM as IDE for Rails 3.0.7/
> Ruby1.9.2 on Windows XP Pro SP3. I Installed Cream 0.43 (Vim
> 7.3.107) and later installed rails.vim plugin. The problem is that
> there is a plugin menu for Rails while using Cream an Vim Easy, but
> using gVim, there is no menu!!! I want/need to use gVim because a
> want to use the ruby debugger plugin and I need to start it via ":" vi
> command (I have not found a way to start tge debugger (:Rdebugger) on
> Cream/Vim Easy.

You probably want to try the plugin in regular Vim, not Vim with
Cream. Most plugins assume a plain Vim setup and stumble on
customizations. (Cream sets numerous Vim features to non-default
settings, including menus.)


--
Steve Hall [ digitect dancingpaper com ]


--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: