Sunday, April 22, 2012

Re: gvim auto copy selected text to clipboard

On 2012-04-22, Marcin Szamotulski wrote:
> On 15:26 Sat 21 Apr , Gary Johnson wrote:

> > I tried changing "unnamed" to "unnamedplus" in the 'clipboard'
> > setting and was able to use Ctrl-V for pasting in Firefox, but then
> > was unable to use other mechanisms I was used to for copying and
> > pasting, so I went back to "unnamed". I didn't investigate the
> > behaviors thoroughly.
>
> If you add both of them (i.e. unnamed and unnamedplus) you will get what you
> want as I already pointed.

I thought I also tried that when you first posted it. I thought I
set both, yanked text from one vim instance with 'Y', then tried to
put it into another vim instance with ":put". The ":put" text was
not what I had just yanked but was from the other selection. I just
tried it again after reading your latest reply and it seems to work.
I was in a hurry and must have done something wrong the first time.
I'll try it this week at work where it will get more of a workout.

Thanks for the tip and for insisting that it worked.

Regards,
Gary

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: