Thursday, November 1, 2012

Re: How to "filter" a plaintext pattern in a separate fullpage buffer to work on it separately ?

On Thu, Nov 01, 2012 at 10:01:43AM -0700, tjg wrote:
> Thanks for your answer.

> In fact I simply want to suppress errors manually, so, no need for
> automation, nor AI.
> All I wish is to have the possibility :
> - to "filter" the relevant lines into a full-page buffer (and not a window
> at the bottom of the screen)
> - ... as if all the other lines had disappeared
> - where I can see them with their highlighting preserved
> - where I can modify them efficiently by concentrating on one pattern at a
> time
> - and then go back to the file and find the lines as modified by me in the
> "filtering buffer".

this isn't exactly what you are asking for, but it's close, and I feel
may be of use to some, possibly yourself. I've had fun with a folding
tool:

nnoremap <silent> <Leader>o :setlocal foldexpr=(getline(v:lnum)=~@/)?0:(getline(v:lnum-1)=~@/)\\|\\|(getline(v:lnum+1)=~@/)?1:2 foldmethod=expr foldlevel=0 foldcolumn=2<CR>
nnoremap <silent> <Leader>oo :call UnsetFolds()<CR>

the first mapping of <Leader>o is supposed to be all one line

UnsetFolds is defined as

function! UnsetFolds()
setlocal foldexpr=0
setlocal foldcolumn=0
endfunction

with these mappings, after any search if I hit <Leader>o I get every
line that doesn't have my search pattern folded away into oblivion and
only lines with my search pattern are visible (and easy to work with).
My mnemonic when working with these mappings is to think "only."

<Leader>oo then unfolds all

hth,

sc

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: