Friday, November 2, 2012

Re: Strange issue with Pathogen

On 02/11/2012 08:35, Alejandro Exojo wrote:
> El Miércoles, 31 de octubre de 2012, Some Developer escribió:
>> It would be nice if I could fix this issue as that would make it nice
>> and easy to distribute the full config in the Git repo and I would only
>> need to maintain one copy of the file. Since I need to copy the file to
>> make it work if I want to make a change to the file I need to change
>> both which is highly annoying and is error prone.
> Of course this is possible and is what many people already does:
>
> http://vimcasts.org/e/27/
>
>> Does anyone have any ideas at all?
> I am doing what you say. Both my .vimrc and my .vim are symbolic links, and
> everything works as expected. You must be doing something else wrong.
>
> You don't mention what OS are you using, but the user agent of your mail
> program says is Windows. Are you using Cygwin?
>
I'm using Lubuntu. Probably should have stated that in my original post.

I'll give you the steps I take to get to the stage above:

cd ~
rm -rf .vim*
rm .gvimrc
git clone <REPO_URL> .vim
cd .vim
git submodule init
git submodule update
ln -s ~/.vimrc ~/.vim/vimrc_config

pretty much all there is to it.

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: