Saturday, November 3, 2012

Re: A Vim set question

On Sat, Nov 3, 2012 at 9:36 PM, stosss <stosss@gmail.com> wrote:
> Are these different or the same? I don't see anything different in my display.
>
> set display+=lastline
> set display=lastline

The first *adds* the lastline option to the list of display options

The second sets the display setting to lastline (only)

If you don't have or need any other options for display, then they are
functionally equivalent.

To be honest, I'm not sure how settings would be mixed--the only other
display option I have seen is uhex and I have no idea if lastline and
uhex can co-exist

c
--
Chris Lott <chris@chrislott.org>

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: