Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Re: Vim vs GVim

> So, what do you guys use? What do you prefer? Terminal Vim or GVim?

I use gvim, on Kubuntu. I turn off the menu with set go-=T go-=M, I change gui.h to have
#define SB_DEFAULT_WIDTH 8
,I use the QtCurve widget style (which has *hundreds* of options) to shave pixels where possible, and use a 7 point font. gvim takes up the same space as vim in konsole, and the scroll bar and pop menu works. (Sometimes I use KDE's window controls to turn off the window title and frame, too. With the scroll bar off, I get four 80 column vim windows across my 1920x1080 monitor.)

Regards, John

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: