Sunday, December 8, 2013

Re: autocompletion for html (and other things)

On Saturday, December 7, 2013 2:03:39 PM UTC-6, Gallagher Polyn wrote:
> I'm easing into vim by using it while following along some online coding tutorials (nice thing about this approach is I'm challenged to emulate the video IDE functioning with vim!)
>
> Anyway, it seems to me there must be an easy ways to get autocompletion for html (and other standard tag systems), but nothing I've found, yet, seems to offer a sure shot -- maybe there are multiple approaches!
>
> How can I configure vim to allow me to type this...
>
> <html>
>
> ...and have the closing tag created, too...
>
> </html>
>

Actually HTML defines omnicompletion by default in a way that pressing <C-X><C-O> after typing "</" will auto-complete whatever tag is open.

Or the popular surround plugin allows creating matching pairs of open...close tags with the cursor between. I think using <C-S> in insert mode. But I don't quite remember, consult the help.

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments: