Friday, December 13, 2013

Re: OutlookVim starts the wrong gvim

On 2013-12-13, David Fishburn wrote:
>
>
>
> On Fri, Dec 13, 2013 at 1:47 PM, Gary Johnson <garyjohn@spocom.com> wrote:
>
> On 2013-12-13, Tony Mechelynck wrote:
> > On 13/12/13 06:11, Gary Johnson wrote:
> > >My PC at work was recently upgraded from Windows XP to Windows 7.  I
> > >installed Vim 7.3 on it and installed the OutlookVim macro into
> > >Outlook.  So far so good.  A while later, I installed Vim 7.4 when
> > >it became available at the Vim Without Cream site.  This continued
> > >to work fine as long as a gvim instance was already running, which
> > >happened to always be the case.
> > >
> > >Today I tried using OutlookVim from Outlook without any other gvim
> > >running and it opened gvim 7.3 instead of 7.4.  I can't figure out
> > >how to get it to open gvim 7.4.
> > >
> > >*  Neither Vim installation is in my PATH.
> > >
> > >*  I opened Control Panel -> Default Programs -> "Associate a file
> > >    type or protocol with a program" and found three extensions
> > >    associated with Vim: .log, .txt and .vmb.  For each of those, I
> > >    set .../vim74/gvim.exe as the default application.
> > >
> > >*  I searched the OutlookVim plugin files and did not see a specific
> > >    version of gvim specified anywhere.
> > >
> > >*  I reinstalled the OutlookVim macro into Outlook.
> > >
> > >None of that worked.
> > >
> > >Does anyone know how I can get OutlookVim to start gvim v.4 instead
> > >of gvim 7.3?
> > >
> > >Thanks,
> > >Gary
> > >
> >
> > I don't know OutlookVim but there ought to be an answer.
> >
> > Did you check if there were any register entries (in either
> > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE or HKEY_CURRENT_USER) associated with OutlookVim?
>
> Checked.  There are no matches anywhere in the registry.
>
> I also searched the registry for "vim73" and found a few references,
> but they were all on obscure paths with meaningless (to me) names.
>
> > Or any OutlookVim preferences?
>
>
>
> OutlookVim simply relies on the fact that Vim was setup as an OLE source.
>
> Here is what I suggest:
>
> 1.  Go to your vim73 directory and run:
> gvim.exe -unregister 
>
> 2.  Go to your vim74 directory and run:
> gvim.exe -register 
>
>
> See if that makes a difference.

That would have been a lot easier than what I did. Next time.

Thanks,
Gary

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments: