Thursday, March 5, 2015

Re: Unable to get omnicomplete to work for Python 3.4.3.

Hi boB!

On Fr, 06 Mär 2015, boB Stepp wrote:

> I am very new to Vim and am in the process of setting up Vim for use
> as my Python 3 editing environment as I continue to work on learning
> Python. I thought it would be nice to use omnicompletion and have been
> struggling to get it to work. A portion of my Vim version
> information::
>
> VIM - Vi IMproved 7.4 (2013 Aug 10, compiled Mar 2 2015 21:15:22)
> MS-Windows 64-bit GUI version with OLE support
> Included patches: 1-648
> Compiled by hp@HP-PC
> Huge version with GUI. Features included (+) or not (-):
> +acl +digraphs +libcall +profile
> +textobjects
> +arabic +directx +linebreak
> +python/dyn +title
> +autocmd -dnd +lispindent +python3/dyn
>
> I am using 64-bit Vim 7.4, 64-bit Win7, and 64-bit Python 3.4.3. If I type:
>
> :python3 import sys; print(sys.version)
>
> I get
>
> 3.4.3 (v3.4.3:9b73f1c3e601, Feb 24 2015, 22:44:40) [MSC v.1600 64 bit (AMD64)]
>
> python3complete.vim is in the location $HOME\Vim\vimfiles\autoload. I deleted
>
> source $VIMRUNTIME/mswin.vim
>
> from my _vimrc file so that I would have *nix-style keybindings in
> Vim. When I type <C-x><C-o> in insertion mode in a Python 3 file, I
> get:
>
> Error: Required vim compiled with +python
> E117: Unknown function: pythoncomplete#Complete

Your vim version needs to be compiled with python interpreter. That is
visible in the output of the :version command. Look for the +python3 or
+python3/dyn line

Note, you can find precompiled ready to use Vim versions for Windows
https://bitbucket.org/kybu/vim-for-windows-single-drop
Those builds contain the required dlls so they should be ready to use.

Best,
Christian
--
Der ist kein freier Mensch, der sich nicht auch einmal dem Nichtstun
hingeben kann.
-- Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 v.Chr.)

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: