Thursday, March 5, 2015

Unable to get omnicomplete to work for Python 3.4.3.

I am very new to Vim and am in the process of setting up Vim for use
as my Python 3 editing environment as I continue to work on learning
Python. I thought it would be nice to use omnicompletion and have been
struggling to get it to work. A portion of my Vim version
information::

VIM - Vi IMproved 7.4 (2013 Aug 10, compiled Mar 2 2015 21:15:22)
MS-Windows 64-bit GUI version with OLE support
Included patches: 1-648
Compiled by hp@HP-PC
Huge version with GUI. Features included (+) or not (-):
+acl +digraphs +libcall +profile
+textobjects
+arabic +directx +linebreak
+python/dyn +title
+autocmd -dnd +lispindent +python3/dyn

I am using 64-bit Vim 7.4, 64-bit Win7, and 64-bit Python 3.4.3. If I type:

:python3 import sys; print(sys.version)

I get

3.4.3 (v3.4.3:9b73f1c3e601, Feb 24 2015, 22:44:40) [MSC v.1600 64 bit (AMD64)]

python3complete.vim is in the location $HOME\Vim\vimfiles\autoload. I deleted

source $VIMRUNTIME/mswin.vim

from my _vimrc file so that I would have *nix-style keybindings in
Vim. When I type <C-x><C-o> in insertion mode in a Python 3 file, I
get:

Error: Required vim compiled with +python
E117: Unknown function: pythoncomplete#Complete

Based on lots of web searching I have tried various additions to my
_vimrc file to get omnicomplete to work. None of them have. I can
regurgitate these efforts if it would be helpful.

I had earlier had both Python 2.7 and Python 3.4 installed, previous
to my installation of Vim 7.4. I had then uninstalled Python 2.7.
Retried efforts, then uninstalled Python 3.4 and reinstalled the exact
version mentioned above. I am clueless at this time. Any thoughts?

Many thanks in advance!
boB Stepp



--
boB

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: