Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Calling gvim remotely doesn't bring gvim to the foreground

I recently switched to Win7 (from XP), and when gvim is called with
the --remote flag, it is behaving differently.

When in Visual Studio, I like to use gvim as my editor. To do so, I
call gvim with the following arguments:
--servername VS_NET --remote-silent "+call cursor($(CurLine),
$(CurCol))" $(ItemPath)

In Windows XP, calling gvim in this manner would bring it to the
forground, so I could start editing right away.

But in Win7, if gvim with the servername VS_NET is already open, while
it does send the file to gvim, it doesn't bring it to the foreground,
forcing me to manually switch to it.

Yeah, I know, it's a minor thing, but I really liked the previous
functionality. Does anybody know if it's possible for me to get it
back?

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: