Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Re: Another question: forking

On Tue, 30 Nov 2010, Gary Johnson wrote:
>>>> gvim used to fork and run in the background. 7.2 doesn't seem to do this.
>>> Well, it does for most. How are you invoking gvim? I'd suspect an
>>> alias or script getting in the way.
>> Try
>> gvim -u NONE
>> That'll be a start at tracking down the cause of your difficulty.
> Also, you may want to use the full path name to gvim (e.g.,
> /usr/bin/gvim) to avoid local scripts, functions or aliases.

When I do that, it still doesn't fork (although I can tell I am not getting
local scripts because the font that is set in my .vimrc is no longer being
used.)

I managed to "solve" my problem by downloading gvim 7.3 and using that instead
of the 7.2.284 that comes with Mandriva. When I download it myself and compile
it myself, it forks.

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: