Friday, November 26, 2010

Re: How to change the 'E' behavior in visual mode

On Fri, Nov 26, 2010 at 1:03 PM, Anurag Priyam <anurag08priyam@gmail.com> wrote:
>>     when I try to use 'E' to select several words, let's say for
>> 'a/b/c: 123', the cursor now stops at 'a', and I wish to select
>> 'a/b/c' in visual mode, ':' was also selected when I type 'E'. Am I
>> missing anything? I take a glance at 'iskeyword', seems it was not
>> talking about this.
>>
>>    Any comments?
>
> 'f' and 't' might work out better for you. If the cursor is at a, I
> would do 'vfc', or 'vt:' to visually select a/b/c. Or, I would
> directly yank them with 'yfc' or delete with 'dfc'.
>
> See :help f


't' is a good solution here. Since there are some many chars, 'f' is
not a good idea.

Thanks


--
FIXME if it is wrong.

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: