Saturday, November 27, 2010

Re: Emacs' Org-mode clone for Vim

On Nov 26, 8:07 am, hsitz <hes...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've got a good start on implementing a lot of the major features and
> people who
> are the "early adopter" type may be interested in giving it a spin
> right now.  I'd be
> happy to hear feedback.

Hi, Herb,

I didn't install and test the plugin, but I checked the code.
I see you have *lots* of functions in ftplugin/org.vim.
Most of them are global and as such are very likely
to cause conflicts with other plugins. I would suggest
to make as many as possible script-local (s: prefix,
eg. s:Timestamp) or better yet, move most of them to
autoload/org/org.vim, and call them like org#org#Timestamp().

I would also split org.vim into multiple files in autoload/org,
so they will be more manageable, eg. autoload/org/core.vim,
autoload/org/todo.vim, autoload/org/fold.vim, ...

Marko

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: