Monday, November 29, 2010

RE: E163 when restoring a session set up with --remote-silent-tab

Ben Fritz wrote:
> I've installed Vim, probably with the "Vim without Cream"
> installer for Windows (since that is normally what I use), on
> a laptop where I have no admin rights. It worked fine, I just
> needed to install to a directory to which I had access
> (C:\Vim actually, which struck me as odd; I would expect not
> to have access to the root directory without admin rights,
> I'm not sure how normal this is or where I got that impression).

I don't know about more recent versions of Windows, but it is
standard on XP for the Users group to have the "Create Folders"
special permission on the root directory, and Creator Owner has
"Full Control" (so any user can create a subdirectory, and then
has full control of it). Users cannot create files in the root
directory.

John

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: