Saturday, November 27, 2010

Re: Emacs' Org-mode clone for Vim

On Nov 27, 7:30 am, ZyX <zyx....@gmail.com> wrote:

> About guioptions: here is how it is modified:
>
> toplevel:
>  unset L - left-hand scrollbar for vertical splits
> function TagInput:
>  set v, call confirm, unset v - vertical button layout
>
> If I understand correctly, it does nothing critical, so it should go to user's
> vimrc.
>
> In any case, `set v, call confirm, unset v' should be done in the following way:
>     let savedguioptions=&guioptions
>     set guioptions+=v
>     call confirm
>     let &guioptions=savedguioptions
> same for 'more' in TagMenu function.
>
> About listchars: tabs with 'expandtab' won't normally appear and with 'wrap'
> option unset, it is very obvious, where line ends, so 'eol' should go to vimrc
> too. Waiting for explanation why it was set there.

ZyX -- Thanks for all your comments, I'll make good use of them.

> Conclusion: VimOrganizer plugin was written by author only for himself; I won't
> ever try it while it is in the current state.

That is mostly correct. I have concentrated on getting things working
for myself without using good general VImscript coding practices. No
problem if it's not for you now, sorry if I misled. I hope you'll
still help me with answers to questions and problems on
StackOverflow. . .

Regards,

Herb

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: