Monday, November 29, 2010

Re: major confusion on vim folding behavior I'm seeing

On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 5:16 PM, Benjamin R. Haskell <vim@benizi.com> wrote:


> That plugin can apparently handle the filetypes:
> xml, docbk, xsl, html, and xhtml
<snip>
> cp xml.vim ~/.vim/ftplugin/
> echo "let b:did_indent = 1" > ~/.vim/indent/xml.vim
> for type in docbk html ; do
>    ln -s xml.vim ~/.vim/ftplugin/${type}.vim
>    ln -s xml.vim ~/.vim/indent/${type}.vim
> done
>

Thanks for your instructions Ben. Much better than the original.

I know the plugin is installed since I see html tag completion
working, yet still can't the stupid folding to work.

I put all my files up on github https://github.com/rickcr/vim if you
get bored and feel like taking a peek.

Is there maybe a 'let' command I'm supposed to call for html files to
get them to work, like I'm doing for xml? :

let g:xml_syntax_folding=1

(Ben F, I also removed the nofoldenable stuff and tried a few things
as mentioned in that link you provided.)

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: