Monday, November 29, 2010

Re: Emacs' Org-mode clone for Vim

On Nov 28, 1:32 am, Marko Mahnič <marko.mah...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I strongly agree. I've tried the dictionary approach in Vimuiex/VxLib,
> but it doesn't work to well. So if you have any settings that the user
> can configure, put them in global variables (eg. g:org_X).
> For the rest I would use either s: or global dictionaries (eg.
> g:org_private_X).
>
> Marko

I experimented with a couple different ways but for now the global
vars are merely using 'org_' prefix but I'm using separate buffer-
local dictionaries to hold settings for each .org file buffer. Not
really any benefit to the user from the buffer dicts, but as developer
it's nice to have them all in one spot, and easy enough to switch if I
end up not liking it.

So thanks to everyone for your suggestions, espcially Marko and ZyX.
I've posted new version with variable scopes, setting scopes, and
function scopes cleaned up, and better explanation of how to integrate
settings in sample vimrc and colorscheme into your own vimrc and
colorschemes.

Regards,

Herb

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: