Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Re: ctags for standard C library

Thanks,

I'll look at it.


On Dec 21, 9:04 am, H Xu <xusu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I have once made a plugin which has already solved this problem, I think.www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=3219
> You may try it.
>
> Hong Xu
> 2010/12/21
>
> On 12/21/10, Bouchta...@gmail.com <bouchta...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> > Thanks,
>
> > But I think I write my own plugin, cause this is overkill to me. A
> > file size of more than 250 MB is just a waste. Writing a plugin which
> > analizes included header files and ctags them one by one is a better
> > approach. When adding an include file, Vim will automatically ctags
> > that particular file by first looking if it's already done that,
> > otherwise look in the project and than in /user/include, /usr/local/
> > include.
>
> > This will ctag also self created source files.
>
> > On Dec 20, 4:25 pm, ZyX <zyx....@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Reply to message «ctags for standard C library»,
> >> sent 14:37:23 20 December 2010, Monday
> >> by Bouchta...@gmail.com:
>
> >> If you want just to reduce the size of the file, --excmd=number does the
> >> job: on
> >> my system (Gentoo, so I have header files for every package that provides
> >> them)
> >> the following command takes 1,5 minutes to generate a 265 MiB file:
> >>     ctags -R --excmd=number \
> >>              --c++-kinds=+p \
> >>              --fields=+iaS \
> >>              --extra=+q \
> >>              -f ~/tmp/vim/uitags /usr/include
>
> >> I don't know how to include only standart C headers, but you may try the
> >> following (in **zsh**):
> >>     ctags --excmd=number \
> >>           --c++-kinds=+p \
> >>           --fields=+iaS \
> >>           --extra=+q \
> >>           -f ~/tmp/vim/uitags2 \
> >>           /usr/include/*(e%'man -w $REPLY:t &>/dev/null || man -w
> >> $REPLY:t:r
> >> &>/dev/null'%)
>
> >> It will try to index only files (and directories) whose names are man
> >> entries.
> >> With this command it generates only 29 MiB file in 50 seconds. Please
> >> don't
> >> forget that it is zsh, not bash. And join last two lines of command, they
> >> got
> >> splitted by mail client.
>
> >> Original message:
>
> >> > Hello guys,
>
> >> > Please help me with the following problem. I want to use Vim with
> >> > ctags to benefit from OmniCppCompletion. I was searching the internet
> >> > for a solution before I post here, but didn't succeed. So what's the
> >> > problem:
>
> >> > I want to add tags which is specifically targeted to standard C
> >> > library. What I mean with standard C library, is stdio.h, stdlib.h,
> >> > string.h, arp/net.h socket.h signal.h and so on...
>
> >> > I found only examples like:
> >> > ctags –R --c++-kinds=+p --fields=+iaS --extra=+q /usr/include
>
> >> > When I run this, it takes a long time before it finishes so I
> >> > terminated the process, looking at filesize, I saw it was already
> >> > about 250 MB. If I let ctags finish it with building the table, it
> >> > could be maybe 1 GB, which is huge in my opnion and I don't think
> >> > that's how to do it.
>
> >> > So please, how can I creat a tag file for standard C lib (in my case
> >> > on a Debian) correctly. I don't want C++ (cause there are plenty of
> >> > examples), just C!
>
> >> > If you gave me the solution, you helped me with a problem I had for
> >> > months (I switched to Code::Blocks to code).
>
> >>  signature.asc
> >> < 1KViewDownload
>
> > --
> > You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
> > Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
> > For more information, visithttp://www.vim.org/maillist.php

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: