Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Re: BufReadPost getfsize and scp

On 3/05/11 5:50 PM, David wrote:
> I am using an autocommand to disable syntax highlighting for large
> files.
>
> I do this with:
>
> au BufReadPost * if getfsize(bufname("%"))> 512*1024 | set syntax= |
> endif
>
> This will disable syntax for files bigger than 512kB.
> However this is not working if I access files via scp://...
>
> I assume vim thinks the file has 0Bytes and therefore does not disable
> the hightlighting.
> I tried some other events (e.g. BufWinEnter), but they didn't work
> either for this.
>
> Has anyone experience with events and scp or a good tip how to solve
> this?
>
> It would also help if there is a way to let Vim print out every event
> it throws.

I don't know if it deals with this situation, but Dr. Chip's LargeFile plugin
disables various things to make editing large files more bearable, and since he
wrote netrw, too, maybe he's got some appropriate magic in place. Worth checking
out, I think. You should easily find it if you Google.

Cheers,

Ben.


--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: