Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Re: make terminal VIM my default text editor Ubuntu 11.04

On 2011-05-24, Juan incaurgarat wrote:
> Thank you Ben, Gary and pansz
>
> that soulution did work, i had to change de $ for %
> thanks a lot for your help, this was driving me crazy.
>
> now, Ben, i dont like GVIM cuz it doesnt look like the terminal VIM
> can i change its color settings? that can help.
> one of the good things about it is the toolbar?

I have one set of configuration files that I share among all my Vim
installations:

- vim on Linux
- gvim on Linux
- gvim on Windows
- vim on Cygwin

so they all look and behave the same. While I'm using Vim, it's
easy to forget which system I'm on.

I prefer to use Vim with light text on a black background, so I use
a common colorscheme file that executes

hi Normal guibg=black guifg=lightgrey

plus a lot of other stuff.

> and thanks Gary for the html thing, i didnt know that =)

You're welcome.

Regards,
Gary

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: