Monday, October 31, 2011

Re: How to edit partly folded text without it going Sproing! ?

Am 30.10.2011 12:42, schrieb Erik Christiansen:
> Folding in Vim is a paragon amongst marvels. Not even bottled beer
> competes. But I'm having a bit of bother holding my mouth right.
>
> With foldmethod=marker, and lots of closed folds lower on the screen, I
> make a new fold by appending {{{, and }}}, as appropriate. Whether I
> place the {{{ or }}} first, Vim unfolds all the following closed folds.
>
> Is there something I could (do | stop doing) to make that behaviour go
> away?
>
> Just doing zm isn't enough, because of nested folds.
>
> Erik

I use
:inorea fof <C-G>u<C-R>=&fmr<CR><Esc>F,s<CR><Up><End>

to insert fold markers.

E.g. typing "before fof<Enter>text" results in
before {{{
text
}}}

The idea is to have a mapping/abbrev that inserts {{{ and }}} at the
same time.

--
Andy

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: