Friday, October 28, 2011

Re: how to make 'h,j,k,l' faster ?

On 10/28/11 13:05, sc wrote:
> On Friday, October 28, 2011 12:23:44 Tim Chase wrote:
>
>> On 10/28/11 10:21, Ben Fritz wrote:
>>> I find it very nice to set relative line numbers and use a
>>> count with j/k for down/up movement.
>
>> I know about them head-wise, and you're right about it being
>> easier than keying in the absolute line#, but it's a more
>> recent feature of vim which hasn't yet made it to my
>> muscle-memory (or more importantly, my vimrc :)
>
> i can't imagine why not -- it's the coolest new feature since
> 'cursorline'

I'll play with it to see if it's worth sacrificing my
screen-space. (FWIW, I run Fluxbox and all my major apps
including mail, browser, console windows, etc all are chromeless)

> i'll wager you already have a toggle for 'number' -- a little
> tweak'll turn it into a three way:

You'd lose that wager :) Line-numbers occupy screen-space I tend
to prefer for my editing purposes, so on the very-rare occasion I
find them useful, I just

:set nu!

which has the advantage that (barring any intermediate Ex
commands) can be undone with

@:

-tim


--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: