Friday, October 28, 2011

Re: how to make 'h,j,k,l' faster ?

On 10/28/2011 02:05 PM, sc wrote:
> On Friday, October 28, 2011 12:23:44 Tim Chase wrote:
>
>> On 10/28/11 10:21, Ben Fritz wrote:
>>> I find it very nice to set relative line numbers and use a
>>> count with j/k for down/up movement.
>
>> I know about them head-wise, and you're right about it being
>> easier than keying in the absolute line#, but it's a more
>> recent feature of vim which hasn't yet made it to my
>> muscle-memory (or more importantly, my vimrc :)
>
> i can't imagine why not -- it's the coolest new feature since
> 'cursorline'


I just want to comment that I also think it's the best new
feature (since folding, from my perspective..)

I wrote my own plugin that used sign column to show line
numbers relative to top line, but it was a pain in the
ass to have all mappings refresh the numbers when a line
is inserted or deleted or screen is moved.

If anyone's not using this, totally try it out!!!

-ak

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: